Bipolar Disorder Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of bipolar disorder.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- Do I need to change my diet?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for depression?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Bipolar Disorder Specialist
- Geddes J. Bipolar disorder. Clin Evid. 2005 Jun;(13):1158-81. 
- Ghaemi SN, Ko JY, Goodwin FK. The bipolar spectrum and the antidepressant view of the world. J Psychiatr Pract. 2001 Sep;7(5):287-97. 
- Tondo L, Baldessarini RJ, Hennen J, et al: Lithium treatment and risk of suicidal behavior in bipolar disorder patients. J Clin Psychiatry 1998 Aug; 59(8): 405-14.