Bibasilar Atelectasis Outlook
What to expect with atelectasis:
- The outlook depends on the underlying cause.
- Most cases of atelectasis resolve with treatment.
Continue to Bibasilar Atelectasis Complications
- Duggan M, Kavanagh BP. Pulmonary atelectasis: a pathogenic perioperative entity. Anesthesiology. 2005 Apr;102(4):838-54. 
- Kreider ME, Lipson DA. Bronchoscopy for atelectasis in the ICU: a case report and review of the literature. Chest. 2003 Jul;124(1):344-50. 
- Peroni DG, Boner AL. Atelectasis: mechanisms, diagnosis and management. Paediatr Respir Rev. 2000 Sep;1(3):274-8.