Berry Aneurysm in the Brain Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of a cerebral aneurysm.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- Is surgery an option for me?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- Do I need to stay in the hospital?
- How long will I be in the hospital?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- Do I need to lose weight?
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- Do I need a special exercise program?
- Will I need physical therapy?
- Will I need occupational therapy?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for having this problem again?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Berry Aneurysm in the Brain Specialist
- Ashley WW Jr, Chicoine MR. Subarachnoid hemorrhage caused by posterior inferior cerebellar artery aneurysm with an anomalous course of the atlantoaxial segment of the vertebral artery. Case report and review of literature. J Neurosurg. 2005 Aug;103(2):356-60. 
- Salary M, Quigley MR, Wilberger JE Jr. Relation among aneurysm size, amount of subarachnoid blood, and clinical outcome. J Neurosurg. 2007 Jul;107(1):13-7. 
- van Gijn J, Kerr RS, Rinkel GJ. Subarachnoid haemorrhage. Lancet. 2007 Jan 27;369(9558):306-18.