Behcet's Syndrome Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of Behcet's syndrome.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- Do I need to stay in the hospital?
- How long will I be in the hospital?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- Do I need to lose weight?
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for having this problem again?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Behcet's Syndrome Specialist
- Akman-Demir G, Baykan-Kurt B, Serdaroglu P: Seven-year follow-up of neurologic involvement in Behcet syndrome. Arch Neurol 1996 Jul; 53(7): 691-4. 
- Borhani Haghighi A, Pourmand R, Nikseresht AR. Neuro-Behcet disease. Neurologist. 2005 Mar;11(2):80-9. 
- International Study Group for Behcet's Disease: Criteria for diagnosis of Behcet's disease. International Study Group for Behcet's Disease. Lancet 1990 May 5; 335(8697): 1078-80.