Behcet's Syndrome Outlook
What to expect with Behcet's syndrome:
- Normal life expectancy is common if there is no involvement of the central nervous system.
- Up to 50% of patients whose eyes are affected by Behcet's disease become legally blind.
Continue to Behcet's Syndrome Complications
- Akman-Demir G, Baykan-Kurt B, Serdaroglu P: Seven-year follow-up of neurologic involvement in Behcet syndrome. Arch Neurol 1996 Jul; 53(7): 691-4. 
- Borhani Haghighi A, Pourmand R, Nikseresht AR. Neuro-Behcet disease. Neurologist. 2005 Mar;11(2):80-9. 
- International Study Group for Behcet's Disease: Criteria for diagnosis of Behcet's disease. International Study Group for Behcet's Disease. Lancet 1990 May 5; 335(8697): 1078-80.