Basilar Migraine Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of a basilar migraine.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for having migraine headaches?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Basilar Migraine Home Care
- Schott GD. Exploring the visual hallucinations of migraine aura: the tacit contribution of illustration. Brain. 2007 Jun;130(Pt 6):1690-703. Epub 2007 Jan 30. 
- Welch KM. Contemporary concepts of migraine pathogenesis. Neurology. 2003 Oct 28;61(8 Suppl 4):S2-8.: