Bad Breath Home Care
Home care for halitosis includes:
- Avoid foods that cause halitosis:
- Spicy foods
- Raw onions
- Stop smoking.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Maintain good oral hygiene:
- Brush your teeth after meals and at bedtime.
- Floss your teeth every day.
- Gargle with dilute saltwater three times per day.
- See your dentist every 6 months.
- Brush with tartar control toothpaste.
- Clean your tongue with a tongue scraper once a day.
- Use mouthwash after brushing.
- Chew sugarless gum.
Bad Breath Warning Signs
Notify your doctor if you have halitosis and any of the following:
Continue to Bad Breath Underlying Cause
- Feller L, Blignaut E. Halitosis: a review. SADJ. 2005 Feb;60(1):17-9. 
- Tangerman A. Halitosis in medicine: a review. Int Dent J. 2002 Jun;52 Suppl 3:201-6.