Overview Incidence Risk Factors Symptoms Evaluation Treatment questions for doctor specialist Home Care pain and fever warning signs Outlook Complications Underlying Cause Anatomy
Bacterial Infection of the Epididymis Incidence
Facts about epididymitis:
- There are over 500,000 cases of epididymitis annually in the United States.
- Epididymitis is most common in 19 to 35 year old men.
PubMed Bacterial Infection of the Epididymis References
- Joly-Guillou ML, Lasry S. Practical recommendations for the drug treatment of bacterial infections of the male genital tract including urethritis, epididymitis and prostatitis. Drugs. 1999 May;57(5):743-50. 
- Kadish HA, Bolte RG. A retrospective review of pediatric patients with epididymitis, testicular torsion, and torsion of testicular appendages. Pediatrics. 1998 Jul;102(1 Pt 1):73-6. 
- Nickel JC, Siemens DR, Nickel KR, Downey J. The patient with chronic epididymitis: characterization of an enigmatic syndrome. J Urol. 2002 Apr;167(4):1701-4.