Bacterial Encephalitis Transmission
Facts about encephalitis:
- The most common method of spread of viral encephalitis is from an infected mosquito bite.
- Mosquitoes become infected with encephalitis viruses after biting an infected animal.
- Some forms of encephalitis can be transmitted from person to person by close personal contact.
- Some forms of encephalitis can be transmitted through contaminated food or water.
Continue to Bacterial Encephalitis Anatomy
- Debiasi RL, Tyler KL. Molecular methods for diagnosis of viral encephalitis. Clin Microbiol Rev. 2004 Oct;17(4):903-25, table of contents. 
- Kennedy PG. Viral encephalitis: causes, differential diagnosis, and management. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. 2004 Mar;75 Suppl 1:i10-5. 
- Vernet G. Diagnosis of zoonotic viral encephalitis. Arch Virol Suppl. 2004;(18):231-44.