Bacterial Blepharitis Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of infectious blepharitis.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- Am I contagious?
- For how long?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for having this problem again?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Bacterial Blepharitis Specialist
- McCulley JP, Shine WE. Eyelid disorders: the meibomian gland, blepharitis, and contact lenses. Eye Contact Lens. 2003 Jan;29(1 Suppl):S93-5; discussion S115-8, S192-4. 
- Swann PG, Weir J. Is it blepharitis? Clin Exp Optom. 2005 Mar;88(2):113-4. 
- Viswalingam M, Rauz S, Morlet N, Dart JK. Blepharokeratoconjunctivitis in children: diagnosis and treatment. Br J Ophthalmol. 2005 Apr;89(4):400-3.