Babesiosis Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of babesiosis.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- Do I need to stay in the hospital?
- How long will I be in the hospital?
- Am I contagious?
- For how long?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for having this problem again?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Babesiosis Specialist
- Bratton RL, Corey R. Tick-borne disease. Am Fam Physician. 2005 Jun 15;71(12):2323-30. 
- Dhaliwal G, Cornett PA, Tierney LM Jr. Hemolytic anemia. Am Fam Physician. 2004 Jun 1;69(11):2599-606. 
- Krause PJ. Babesiosis. Med Clin North Am. 2002 Mar;86(2):361-73. 
- Weiss LM. Babesiosis in humans: a treatment review. Expert Opin Pharmacother. 2002 Aug;3(8):1109-15.