Overview Incidence Symptoms Evaluation Treatment questions for doctor specialist Home Care tick removal warning signs Prevention Outlook Complications Underlying Cause
Facts about babesiosis:
- This rare disease is transmitted by ticks.
- Babesiosis occurs mostly in the Northeastern United States.
- Areas in the Northeastern United States, include Cape Cod, Nantucket Island, Martha's Vineyard, Shelter Island, and Long Island.
- As many as one-quarter of people with Babesiosis also have Lyme disease.
Continue to Babesiosis Symptoms
PubMed Babesiosis References
- Bratton RL, Corey R. Tick-borne disease. Am Fam Physician. 2005 Jun 15;71(12):2323-30. 
- Dhaliwal G, Cornett PA, Tierney LM Jr. Hemolytic anemia. Am Fam Physician. 2004 Jun 1;69(11):2599-606. 
- Krause PJ. Babesiosis. Med Clin North Am. 2002 Mar;86(2):361-73. 
- Weiss LM. Babesiosis in humans: a treatment review. Expert Opin Pharmacother. 2002 Aug;3(8):1109-15.