Avoidant Personality Disorder Treatment
Treatment for avoidant personality disorder may include:
- Support group for avoidant personality disorder
- Mental health counseling for avoidant personality disorder:
- Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors:
- Tricyclic antidepressant:
- Antianxiety medications:
Avoidant Personality Disorder Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of avoidant personality disorder.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- Do I need to change my diet?
- What can I do to reduce my risk for depression?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Avoidant Personality Disorder Specialist
Continue to Avoidant Personality Disorder Home Care
- Cassin SE, von Ranson KM. Personality and eating disorders: A decade in Clin Psychol Rev. 2005 Aug 12. 
- Johnson JG, Cohen P, Kasen S, Brook JS. Personality disorders evident by early adulthood and risk for anxiety disorders during middle adulthood. J Anxiety Disord. 2005 Jul 26. 
- Ralevski E, Sanislow CA, Grilo CM, et al. Avoidant personality disorder and social phobia: distinct enough to be separate disorders? Acta Psychiatr Scand. 2005 Sep;112(3):208-14.