Avian Influenza Prevention
Prevention measures for bird flu include:
- Avoid contact with infected birds.
- Those who work with birds must wear protective clothing and masks.
- A vaccine for bird flu is used to prevent an outbreak.
Continue to Avian Influenza Outlook
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Update: Influenza activity--United States and worldwide, 2004-05 season. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2005 Jul 1;54(25):631-4. 
- Curran R. Asian bird flu. Emerg Med Serv. 2004 May;33(5):38-9. 
- Trampuz A, Prabhu RM, Smith TF, Baddour LM. Avian influenza: a new pandemic threat? Mayo Clin Proc. 2004 Apr;79(4):523-30. 
- Ungchusak K, Auewarakul P, Dowell SF, et al. Probable person-to-person transmission of avian influenza A (H5N1). N Engl J Med. 2005 Jan 27;352(4):333-40.