Autism Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of autism.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- Do I need to change my diet?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Autism Specialist
- Baron-Cohen S. Autism: research into causes and intervention. Pediatr Rehabil. 2004 Apr-Jun;7(2):73-8. 
- Jordan R. Managing autism and Asperger's syndrome in current educational provision. Pediatr Rehabil. 2005 Apr-Jun;8(2):104-12. 
- Klein KC, Diehl EB. Relationship between MMR vaccine and autism. Ann Pharmacother. 2004 Jul-Aug;38(7-8):1297-300. 
- Ozonoff S, Goodlin-Jones BL, Solomon M. Evidence-based assessment of autism spectrum disorders in children and adolescents. J Clin Child Adolesc Psychol. 2005 Sep;34(3):541-7.