Atypical Pneumonia Outlook
What to expect with mycoplasma infection:
- With treatment, mycoplasma infections resolve within 2 weeks.
- A cough may persist for 1-2 months after treatment.
Continue to Atypical Pneumonia Complications
- Guleria R, Nisar N, Chawla TC, Biswas NR. Mycoplasma pneumoniae and central nervous system complications: a review. J Lab Clin Med. 2005 Aug;146(2):55-63. 
- Kraft M, Cassell GH, Pak J, Martin RJ. Mycoplasma pneumoniae and Chlamydia pneumoniae in asthma: effect of clarithromycin. Chest. 2002 Jun;121(6):1782-8. 
- Meseguer MA, Alvarez A, Rejas MT, Sanchez C, Perez-Diaz JC, Baquero F. Mycoplasma pneumoniae: a reduced-genome intracellular bacterial pathogen. Infect Genet Evol. 2003 May;3(1):47-55. 
- Waites KB, Talkington DF. Mycoplasma pneumoniae and its role as a human pathogen. Clin Microbiol Rev. 2004 Oct;17(4):697-728, table of contents.