Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Atomoxetine
Atomoxetine (Strattera) regulates chemicals in the brain that help maintain attention in those who have attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. Unlike stimulant medications, this medication is not habit-forming: thus, it is not likely to be abused.
- Brassett-Harknett A, Butler N. Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder: An overview of the etiology and a review of the literature relating to the correlates and lifecourse outcomes for men and women. Clin Psychol Rev. 2005 Aug 2. 
- Dunn DW, Kronenberger WG. Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder in children and adolescents. Neurol Clin. 2003 Nov;21(4):933-40. 
- McClellan JM, Werry JS. Evidence-based treatments in child and adolescent psychiatry: an inventory. J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 2003 Dec;42(12):1388-400. 
- Pelham WE Jr, Fabiano GA, Massetti GM. Evidence-based assessment of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder in children and adolescents. J Clin Child Adolesc Psychol. 2005 Sep;34(3):449-76. 
- Pritchard D. Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder in children. Clin Evid. 2005 Jun;(13):266-79.