Attention Deficit Disorder Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- Do I need to change my diet?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Attention Deficit Disorder Specialist
- Brassett-Harknett A, Butler N. Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder: An overview of the etiology and a review of the literature relating to the correlates and lifecourse outcomes for men and women. Clin Psychol Rev. 2005 Aug 2. 
- Dunn DW, Kronenberger WG. Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder in children and adolescents. Neurol Clin. 2003 Nov;21(4):933-40. 
- McClellan JM, Werry JS. Evidence-based treatments in child and adolescent psychiatry: an inventory. J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 2003 Dec;42(12):1388-400. 
- Pelham WE Jr, Fabiano GA, Massetti GM. Evidence-based assessment of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder in children and adolescents. J Clin Child Adolesc Psychol. 2005 Sep;34(3):449-76. 
- Pritchard D. Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder in children. Clin Evid. 2005 Jun;(13):266-79.