Atrial Tumor Treatment
Treatment for atrial myxoma includes:
- Surgery for atrial myxoma
- Removes the tumor from the atrium
Atrial Tumor Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of atrial myxoma.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- Is surgery an option for me?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- Do I need to stay in the hospital?
- How long will I be in the hospital?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- Do I need to lose weight?
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- Do I need a special exercise program?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for heart disease?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Atrial Tumor Specialist
Continue to Atrial Tumor Warning Signs
- Ekinci EI, Donnan GA. Neurological manifestations of cardiac myxoma: a review of the literature and report of cases. Intern Med J. 2004 May;34(5):243-9. 
- Percell RL Jr, Henning RJ, Siddique Patel M. Atrial myxoma: case report and a review of the literature. Heart Dis. 2003 May-Jun;5(3):224-30. 
- Vasquez A, Sethi G, Maximov M, Marcus FI. Atrial myxomas in the elderly: a case report and review of the literature. Am J Geriatr Cardiol. 2004 Jan-Feb;13(1):39-44.