Overview Incidence Risk Factors Symptoms Evaluation Treatment anticoagulation cardioversion catheter ablation drugs questions for doctor specialist Home Care diet pulse check taking control warning signs Complications Underlying Cause Anatomy
Atrial Fibrillation Evaluation
- An irregular pulse
- A rapid pulse
- More severe cases may have findings associated with CHF:
Usually, testing is required to determine the cause of atrial fibrillation.
Tests that may be used to evaluate atrial fibrillation include:
Continue to Atrial Fibrillation Treatment
PubMed Atrial Fibrillation References
- Alchaghouri S. Atrial fibrillation. 2: Management. Hosp Med. 2004 Sep;65(9):546-52. 
- Freestone B, Kamath S, Lip G. Atrial fibrillation (acute). Clin Evid. 2003 Jun;(9):61-71. 
- Johnson J, Napier KT. Atrial fibrillation: new theories, emerging treatments. JAAPA. 2005 Jun;18(6):36-41. 
- Leonardi M, Bissett J. Prevention of atrial fibrillation. Curr Opin Cardiol. 2005 Sep;20(5):417-23. 
- Mead GE, Flapan AD, Elder AT. Electrical cardioversion for atrial fibrillation and flutter. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2002;(1):CD002903. 
- Veenhuyzen GD, Simpson CS, Abdollah H. Atrial fibrillation. CMAJ. 2004 Sep 28;171(7):755-60.