Asthma Attack Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of asthma.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- Do I need to stay in the hospital?
- How long will I be in the hospital?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- Do I need to lose weight?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- Do I need a special exercise program?
- Will I need physical therapy?
- Will I need occupational therapy?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for having this problem again?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Asthma Attack Specialist
- Chipps BE. Determinants of asthma and its clinical course. Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol. 2004 Oct;93(4):309-15. 
- de Marco R, Locatelli F, Cazzoletti L, Bugiani M, Carosso A, Marinoni A.. Incidence of asthma and mortality in a cohort of young adults: a 7-year prospective study. Respir Res. 2005 Aug 16;6(1):95. 
- Keeley D, McKean M. Asthma and other wheezing disorders of childhood. Clin Evid. 2003 Jun;(9):287-317. 
- Neidell MJ. Air pollution, health, and socio-economic status: the effect of outdoor air quality on childhood asthma. J Health Econ. 2004 Nov;23(6):1209-36. 
- Rees J. ABC of asthma. Prevalence. BMJ. 2005 Aug 20;331(7514):443-5. 
- Vallance G, Thomson NC. Asthma: ten myths debunked. Practitioner. 2004 Nov;248(1664):844-7.