Aspergillosis Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of aspergillosis.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- Is surgery an option for me?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- Do I need to stay in the hospital?
- How long will I be in the hospital?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- Do I need to lose weight?
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- Do I need a special exercise program?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for upper respiratory infections and bronchitis?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Aspergillosis Specialist
- Silveira F, Paterson DL. Pulmonary fungal infections. Curr Opin Pulm Med. 2005 May;11(3):242-6. 
- Slavin RG, Hutcheson PS, Chauhan B, Bellone CJ. An overview of allergic bronchopulmonary aspergillosis with some new insights. Allergy Asthma Proc. 2004 Nov-Dec;25(6):395-9. 
- Wark P. Pathogenesis of allergic bronchopulmonary aspergillosis and an evidence-based review of azoles in treatment. Respir Med. 2004 Oct;98(10):915-23. 
- Zander DS. Allergic bronchopulmonary aspergillosis: an overview. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2005 Jul;129(7):924-8.