Asbestosis Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of asbestosis.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- Is surgery an option for me?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- Do I need to stay in the hospital?
- How long will I be in the hospital?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- Do I need to lose weight?
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- Do I need a special exercise program?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for upper respiratory infections and bronchitis?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Asbestosis Specialist
- Cugell DW, Kamp DW. Asbestos and the pleura: aChest. 2004 Mar;125(3):1103-17. 
- Hessel PA, Gamble JF, McDonald JC. Asbestos, asbestosis, and lung cancer: a critical assessment of the epidemiological evidence. Thorax. 2005 May;60(5):433-6. 
- Niklinski J, Niklinska W, Chyczewska E, Laudanski J, Naumnik W, Chyczewski L, Pluygers E. The epidemiology of asbestos-related diseases. Lung Cancer. 2004 Aug;45 Suppl 1:S7-S15. 
- Ohar J, Sterling DA, Bleecker E, Donohue J. Changing patterns in asbestos-induced lung disease. Chest. 2004 Feb;125(2):744-53.