Arthritis Gout Outlook
What to expect with gout:
- There is no cure for gout, but it can be controlled.
- Attacks of gout respond well to early treatment with medication.
Continue to Arthritis Gout Complications
- Kim KY, Ralph Schumacher H, Hunsche E, Wertheimer AI, Kong SX. A literature review of the epidemiology and treatment of acute gout. Clin Ther. 2003 Jun;25(6):1593-617. 
- Monu JU, Pope TL Jr. Gout: a clinical and radiologic review. Radiol Clin North Am. 2004 Jan;42(1):169-84. 
- Pal B, Foxall M, Dysart T, Carey F, Whittaker M. How is gout managed in primary care? A review of current practice and proposed guidelines. Clin Rheumatol. 2000;19(1):21-5. 
- Schlesinger N. Diagnosis of gout. Minerva Med. 2007 Dec;98(6):759-67.