Arnold-Chiari Malformation Treatment
Treatment of Chiari malformation includes:
- Medications to control Chiari malformation symptoms
- Surgery to correct Chiari malformation
- To relieve the pressure on the cerebellum and re-establish normal CSF flow.
- Repeat surgeries may be necessary
Arnold-Chiari Malformation Specialist
Physicians from the following specialties evaluate and treat Chiari malformation:
Continue to Arnold-Chiari Malformation Anatomy
- Hentschel SJ, Yen KG, Lang FF. Chiari I malformation and acute acquired comitant esotropia: case report and review of the literature. J Neurosurg. 2005 May;102(4 Suppl):407-12. 
- Marshman LA, Benjamin JC, Chawda SJ, David KM. Acute obstructive hydrocephalus associated with infratentorial subdural hygromas complicating Chiari malformation Type I decompression. Report of two cases and literature review. J Neurosurg. 2005 Oct;103(4):752-5. 
- Snyder P. Chiari malformation and syringomyelia. Radiol Technol. 2008 Jul-Aug;79(6):555-8.