Overview Incidence Symptoms Evaluation Treatment specialist Home Care warning signs Outlook Complications Underlying Cause Anatomy
Arm Swelling after Mastectomy Treatment
- Arm support stockings for post mastectomy arm swelling
- Arm elevation
- Physical therapy for post mastectomy arm swelling
- Post mastectomy arm exercises
- Arm elevation
- Low salt diet:
Tips on how to reduce your salt consumption:
- Avoid cooking with salt.
- Avoid fast food.
- Avoid salty foods, such as pickles, cured meats, salty snacks, and canned soup.
- Avoid seasonings that contain sodium, such as soy sauce, steak sauce, garlic and onion salt, and monosodium glutamate.
- Do not add salt to your food after it is prepared.
- Read food labels and buy foods that are low in salt.
- When eating out, ask that your food be prepared without salt.
Arm Swelling after Mastectomy Specialist
Continue to Arm Swelling after Mastectomy Home Care
PubMed Arm Swelling after Mastectomy References
- Galland C, Auvert JF, Flahault A, Vayssairat M. Why and how post-mastectomy edema should be quantified in patients with breast cancer. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2002 Sep;75(1):87-9. 
- Geller BM, Vacek PM, O'Brien P, Secker-Walker RH. Factors associated with arm swelling after breast cancer surgery. J Womens Health (Larchmt). 2003 Nov;12(9):921-30. 
- Johansson K, Tibe K, Weibull A, Newton RC. Low intensity resistance exercise for breast cancer patients with arm lymphedema with or without compression sleeve. Lymphology. 2005 Dec;38(4):167-80. 
- O'Brien JG, Chennubhotla SA, Chennubhotla RV. Treatment of edema. Am Fam Physician. 2005 Jun 1;71(11):2111-7. 
- Schulze T, Mucke J, Markwardt J, Schlag PM, Bembenek A. Long-term morbidity of patients with early breast cancer after sentinel lymph node biopsy compared to axillary lymph node dissection. J Surg Oncol. 2006 Feb 1;93(2):109-19.