Argentine Hemorrhagic Fever Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of an arenavirus infection.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- Do I need to stay in the hospital?
- How long will I be in the hospital?
- Am I contagious?
- For how long?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for having this problem again?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Argentine Hemorrhagic Fever Specialist
- Charrel RN, de Lamballerie X. Arenaviruses other than Lassa virus. Antiviral Res. 2003 Jan;57(1-2):89-100. 
- Damonte EB, Coto CE. Treatment of arenavirus infections: from basic studies to the challenge of antiviral therapy. Adv Virus Res. 2002;58:125-55.