Appendix Infection Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of appendicitis.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- Is surgery an option for me?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- Do I need to stay in the hospital?
- How long will I be in the hospital?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- Do I need to lose weight?
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- Do I need a special exercise program?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Appendix Infection Specialist
- Alloo J, Gerstle T, Shilyansky J, Ein SH. Appendicitis in children less than 3 years of age. Pediatr Surg Int. 2004 Jan;19(12):777-9. 
- Andersson RE. Meta-analysis of the clinical and laboratory diagnosis of appendicitis. Br J Surg. 2004 Jan;91(1):28-37. 
- Hagendorf BA, Clarke JR, Burd RS. The optimal initial management of children with suspected appendicitis: a decision analysis. J Pediatr Surg. 2004 Jun;39(6):880-5. 
- Shelton T, McKinlay R, Schwartz RW. Acute appendicitis: current diagnosis and treatment. Curr Surg. 2003 Sep-Oct;60(5):502-5.