Apnea During Sleep Evaluation
The evaluation of sleep apnea begins with a history and physical exam.
The physical exam is usually normal in someone with sleep apnea.
Testing is required to make the diagnosis of sleep apnea.
Tests that may be used to evaluate sleep apnea include:
Continue to Apnea During Sleep Treatment
- Bottini P, Tantucci C. Sleep apnea syndrome in endocrine diseases. Respiration. 2003 May-Jun;70(3):320-7. 
- Goncalves MA, Paiva T, Ramos E, Guilleminault C. Obstructive sleep apnea syndrome, sleepiness, and quality of life. Chest. 2004 Jun;125(6):2091-6. 
- Guilleminault C, Lee JH, Chan A. Pediatric obstructive sleep apnea syndrome. Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 2005 Aug;159(8):775-85. 
- Kohler M, Bloch KE, Stradling JR. The role of the nose in the pathogenesis of obstructive sleep apnoea and snoring. Eur Respir J. 2007 Dec;30(6):1208-15. 
- Li KK. Surgical therapy for obstructive sleep apnea syndrome. Semin Respir Crit Care Med. 2005 Feb;26(1):80-8. 
- Norman D, Loredo JS. Obstructive sleep apnea in older adults. Clin Geriatr Med. 2008 Feb;24(1):151-65, ix. 
- Wieber SJ. The cardiac consequences of the obstructive sleep apnea-hypopnea syndrome. Mt Sinai J Med. 2005 Jan;72(1):10-2.