Aplastic Anemia Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of aplastic anemia.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for anemia?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Aplastic Anemia Specialist
- Brodsky RA, Jones RJ. Aplastic anaemia. Lancet. 2005 May 7-13;365(9471):1647-56. 
- Kurre P, Johnson FL, Deeg HJ. Diagnosis and treatment of children with aplastic anemia. Pediatr Blood Cancer. 2005 Feb 10. 
- Marsh JC. Management of acquired aplastic anaemia. Blood Rev. 2005 May;19(3):143-51. 
- Paquette RL. Diagnosis and management of aplastic anemia and myelodysplastic syndrome. Oncology (Williston Park). 2002 Sep;16(9 Suppl 10):153-61.