Aortic Valve is Leaky Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of aortic regurgitation.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- Is surgery an option for me?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- Do I need to stay in the hospital?
- How long will I be in the hospital?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- Do I need to lose weight?
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- Do I need a special exercise program?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Aortic Valve is Leaky Specialist
- Babu AN, Kymes SM, Carpenter SM: Eponyms and the diagnosis of aortic regurgitation: what says the evidence? Ann Intern Med 2003 May 6; 138(9): 736-42. 
- Enriquez-Sarano M, Tajik AJ. Clinical practice. Aortic regurgitation. N Engl J Med. 2004 Oct 7;351(15):1539-46. 
- Hagan PG, Nienaber CA, Isselbacher EM, et al.: The International Registry of Acute Aortic Dissection (IRAD): new insights into an old disease. JAMA 2000 Feb 16; 283(7): 897-90. 
- Rahimtoola SH. The year in valvular heart disease. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2005 Jan 4;45(1):111-22.