Aortic Coarctation Home Care
Home care for coarctation of the aorta includes:
- Avoid exposure to secondary smoke.
- Avoid stimulants
- Cold medications
- Medications that contain caffeine
- Take prescribed medications as directed:
Aortic Coarctation Warning Signs
Notify your doctor if you have coarctation of the aorta and any of the following:
Continue to Aortic Coarctation Underlying Cause
- Daniels SR. Repair of coarctation of the aorta and hypertension: does age matter? Lancet. 2001 Jul 14;358(9276):89. 
- Hornung TS, Benson LN, McLaughlin PR. Interventions for aortic coarctation. Cardiol Rev. 2002 May-Jun;10(3):139-48. 
- Massey R, Shore DF. Surgery for complex coarctation of the aorta. Int J Cardiol. 2004 Dec;97 Suppl 1:67-73. 
- Rao PS. Balloon angioplasty of native coarctation of the aorta. J Invasive Cardiol. 2000 Aug;12(8):407-9.