Aortic Aneurysm Rupture Outlook
What to expect with an abdominal aortic aneurysm:
- Those who receive surgical treatment for an abdominal aortic aneurysm have a life expectancy that is nearly the same as those who do not have an abdominal aortic aneurysm.
- About half of individuals who present to the hospital with pain from an abdominal aortic aneurysm die from the disease.
Continue to Aortic Aneurysm Rupture Complications
- Ailawadi G, Eliason JL, Upchurch GR Jr: Current concepts in the pathogenesis of abdominal aortic aneurysm. J Vasc Surg 2003 Sep; 38(3): 584-8. 
- Fleming C, Whitlock EP, Beil TL, Lederle FA. Screening for abdominal aortic aneurysm: a best-evidence systematic review for the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force. Ann Intern Med. 2005 Feb 1;142(3):203-11. 
- Isselbacher EM. Thoracic and abdominal aortic aneurysms. Circulation. 2005 Feb 15;111(6):816-28. 
- Lyon C, Clark DC. Diagnosis of acute abdominal pain in older patients. Am Fam Physician. 2006 Nov 1;74(9):1537-44. 
- Sakalihasan N, Limet R, Defawe OD. Abdominal aortic aneurysm. Lancet. 2005 Apr 30-May 6;365(9470):1577-89.