Anxiety Attacks Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of panic attacks.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- Do I need medication?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- Will I need therapy?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for panic attacks?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Anxiety Attacks Specialist
- Goodwin R, Olfson M. Treatment of panic attack and risk of major depressive disorder in the community. Am J Psychiatry. 2001 Jul;158(7):1146-8. 
- Goodwin RD, Lieb R, Hoefler M, Pfister H, Bittner A, Beesdo K, Wittchen HU. Panic attack as a risk factor for severe psychopathology. Am J Psychiatry. 2004 Dec;161(12):2207-14. 
- Watanabe A, Nakao K, Tokuyama M, Takeda M. Prediction of first episode of panic attack among white-collar workers. Psychiatry Clin Neurosci. 2005 Apr;59(2):119-26.