Anticoagulant Medication Bleeding Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of bleeding from anticoagulant.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- Is surgery an option for me?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- Do I need to stay in the hospital?
- How long will I be in the hospital?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- Do I need to lose weight?
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for having this problem again?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Anticoagulant Medication Bleeding Home Care
- Frey D, Rahman A. Medication management: an evidence-based model that decreases adverse events. Home Healthc Nurse. 2003 Jun;21(6):404-12. 
- Gaylor DW, Bolger PM, Schwetz BA. U.S. Food and Drug Administration perspective of the inclusion of effects of low-level exposures in safety and risk assessment. Environ Health Perspect. 1998 Feb;106 Suppl 1:391-4. 
- Greer IA. Anticoagulants in pregnancy. J Thromb Thrombolysis. 2006 Feb;21(1):57-65. 
- Levine MN, Raskob G, Beyth RJ, Kearon C, Schulman S. Hemorrhagic complications of anticoagulant treatment: the Seventh ACCP Conference on Antithrombotic and Thrombolytic Therapy. Chest. 2004 Sep;126(3 Suppl):287S-310S. 
- Runciman WB, Roughead EE, Semple SJ, Adams RJ. Adverse drug events and medication errors in Australia. Int J Qual Health Care. 2003 Dec;15 Suppl 1:i49-59. 
- Staresinic AG, Sorkness CA, Goodman BM, Pigarelli DW. Comparison of outcomes using 2 delivery models of anticoagulation care. Arch Intern Med. 2006 May 8;166(9):997-1002.