Anticoagulant Medication Bleeding Nosebleed
- Sit upright.
- Pinch the nose firmly and constantly for 15 minutes. Repeat once if the bleeding does not stop.
- Breathe through your mouth.
- Drink cold water to clear blood from your throat.
- Seek medical care if the bleeding does not stop in 30 minutes.
Strategies for preventing a nosebleed from recurring include:
Continue to Anticoagulant Medication Bleeding Warning Signs
- Frey D, Rahman A. Medication management: an evidence-based model that decreases adverse events. Home Healthc Nurse. 2003 Jun;21(6):404-12. 
- Gaylor DW, Bolger PM, Schwetz BA. U.S. Food and Drug Administration perspective of the inclusion of effects of low-level exposures in safety and risk assessment. Environ Health Perspect. 1998 Feb;106 Suppl 1:391-4. 
- Greer IA. Anticoagulants in pregnancy. J Thromb Thrombolysis. 2006 Feb;21(1):57-65. 
- Levine MN, Raskob G, Beyth RJ, Kearon C, Schulman S. Hemorrhagic complications of anticoagulant treatment: the Seventh ACCP Conference on Antithrombotic and Thrombolytic Therapy. Chest. 2004 Sep;126(3 Suppl):287S-310S. 
- Runciman WB, Roughead EE, Semple SJ, Adams RJ. Adverse drug events and medication errors in Australia. Int J Qual Health Care. 2003 Dec;15 Suppl 1:i49-59. 
- Staresinic AG, Sorkness CA, Goodman BM, Pigarelli DW. Comparison of outcomes using 2 delivery models of anticoagulation care. Arch Intern Med. 2006 May 8;166(9):997-1002.