Antibiotic Associated Colitis Incidence
Facts about pseudomembranous colitis:
- About 1 out of every 15,000 people treated with an antibiotic develop pseudomembranous colitis.
- The incidence of pseudomembranous colitis is on the rise, with approximately 500,000 cases annually in the USA.
- Approximately 15,000 to 30,000 people die each year from pseudomembranous colitis in the USA.
Continue to Antibiotic Associated Colitis Risk Factors
- Brar HS, Surawicz CM. Pseudomembranous colitis: an update. Can J Gastroenterol. 2000 Jan;14(1):51-6. 
- Brook I. Pseudomembranous colitis in children. J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2005 Feb;20(2):182-6. 
- Surawicz CM, McFarland LV. Pseudomembranous colitis: causes and cures. Digestion. 1999 Mar-Apr;60(2):91-100.