Anorexia Nervosa Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of anorexia nervosa.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for an eating disorder?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Anorexia Nervosa Specialist
- Attia E, Mayer L, Killory E. Medication response in the treatment of patients with anorexia nervosa. J Psychiatr Pract. 2001 May;7(3):157-62. 
- Fairburn CG. Evidence-based treatment of anorexia nervosa. Int J Eat Disord. 2005;37 Suppl:S26-30; discussion S41-2. 
- Treasure J, Schmidt U. Anorexia nervosa. Clin Evid. 2005 Jun;(13):1148-57. 
- Wonderlich SA, Lilenfeld LR, Riso LP, Engel S, Mitchell JE. Personality and anorexia nervosa. Int J Eat Disord. 2005;37 Suppl:S68-71; discussion S87-9.