Facts about angiodysplasia:
- About 8 out of 1,000 people in the US over the age of 50 have angiodysplasia.
- Angiodysplasia is one of the most common causes of lower gastrointestinal bleeding in individuals over age 50.
Continue to Angiodysplasia Symptoms
- Gordon FH, Watkinson A, Hodgson H. Vascular malformations of the gastrointestinal tract. Best Pract Res Clin Gastroenterol. 2001 Feb;15(1):41-58. 
- Hodgson H. Hormonal therapy for gastrointestinal angiodysplasia. Lancet. 2002 May 11;359(9318):1630-1. 
- Lingenfelser T, Ell C. Gastrointestinal bleeding in the elderly. Best Pract Res Clin Gastroenterol. 2001 Dec;15(6):963-82.