Aneurysm in the Brain Prevention
Prevention of a cerebral aneurysm includes:
- Stop smoking.
- Avoid exposure to secondary smoke.
- Avoid alcohol, or drink alcohol in moderation:
- For men: no more than 2 alcoholic beverages per day
- For women: no more than 1 alcoholic beverage per day
- Eat a healthy diet:
- Weight loss if you are overweight
- If you have high blood pressure:
- Learn how to take your blood pressure.
- Check your blood pressure every day.
- Keep a log of your results.
- Take prescription medications as directed.
Continue to Aneurysm in the Brain Outlook
- Ashley WW Jr, Chicoine MR. Subarachnoid hemorrhage caused by posterior inferior cerebellar artery aneurysm with an anomalous course of the atlantoaxial segment of the vertebral artery. Case report and review of literature. J Neurosurg. 2005 Aug;103(2):356-60. 
- Salary M, Quigley MR, Wilberger JE Jr. Relation among aneurysm size, amount of subarachnoid blood, and clinical outcome. J Neurosurg. 2007 Jul;107(1):13-7. 
- van Gijn J, Kerr RS, Rinkel GJ. Subarachnoid haemorrhage. Lancet. 2007 Jan 27;369(9558):306-18.