Overview Incidence Symptoms Evaluation Treatment questions for doctor specialist Home Care BP checks pulse checks taking control warning signs Prevention Outlook Complications Underlying Cause Types Anatomy
Facts about anemia:
- About 4 percent of males in the US have anemia.
- About 8 percent of females in the US have anemia.
Continue to Anemic Symptoms
PubMed Anemic References
- Bain BJ. Diagnosis from the blood smear. N Engl J Med. 2005 Aug 4;353(5):498-507. 
- Bain BJ. Pathogenesis and pathophysiology of anemia in HIV infection. Curr Opin Hematol. 1999 Mar;6(2):89-93. 
- Brodsky RA, Jones RJ. Aplastic anaemia. Lancet. 2005 May 7-13;365(9471):1647-56. 
- Kuriyan M, Carson JL. Anemia and clinical outcomes. Anesthesiol Clin North America. 2005 Jun;23(2):315-25, vii. 
- Williams MD, Wheby MS: Anemia in pregnancy. Med Clin North Am 1992 May; 76(3): 631-47.