Anal Warts Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of genital warts.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- Is surgery an option for me?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- Am I contagious?
- For how long?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- How do I avoid passing the infection to others?
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for having this problem again?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Anal Warts Specialist
- Buck H Jr. Genital warts. Clin Evid. 2004 Jun;(11):2089-103. 
- Lacey CJ. Therapy for genital human papillomavirus-related disease. J Clin Virol. 2005 Mar;32 Suppl 1:S82-90. 
- Nowicki MJ, Bishop PR, Subramony C. Diagnosis: Condyloma acuminatum. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr. 2005 Mar;40(3): 382, 385.