Anal Tear Outlook
What to expect with an anal fissure:
- Most anal fissures heal without treatment within a week.
- Recurrences of anal fissures are common, but complications are rare.
Continue to Anal Tear Complications
- Jonas M, Scholefield J. Anal fissure (chronic). Clin Evid. 2004 Dec;(12):581-90. 
- Lawes D, Taylor I. Recent randomised trials in colorectal disease. Colorectal Dis. 2005 Jan;7(1):8-17. 
- Nelson R. Operative procedures for fissure in ano. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2005 Apr 18;(2):CD002199.