Anal Carcinoma Surgery
There are two main types of surgery for anal cancer:
- Local surgery:
- Removes the tumor from the anus without opening the abdomen.
- This is performed when the cancer is confined to the tissues of the anus.
- Abdominal surgery:
Continue to Anal Carcinoma Home Care
- Clark MA, Hartley A, Geh JI. Cancer of the anal canal. Lancet Oncol. 2004 Mar;5(3):149-57. 
- Sato H, Koh PK, Bartolo DC. Management of anal canal cancer. Dis Colon Rectum. 2005 Jun;48(6):1301-15. 
- Welton ML, Sharkey FE, Kahlenberg MS. The etiology and epidemiology of anal cancer. Surg Oncol Clin N Am. 2004 Apr;13(2):263-75.