Anal Abscess Incidence
Facts about perianal abscesses:
- Perianal abscesses are common.
- Perianal abscesses are more common in men than in women.
Continue to Anal Abscess Risk Factors
- Festen C, van Harten H. Perianal abscess and fistula-in-ano in infants. J Pediatr Surg. 1998 May;33(5):711-3. 
- Murthi GV, Okoye BO, Spicer RD, Cusick EL, Noblett HR. Perianal abscess in childhood. Pediatr Surg Int. 2002 Dec;18(8):689-91. 
- Whiteford MH, Kilkenny J 3rd, Hyman N, et al; The Standards Practice Task Force; The American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons. Practice parameters for the treatment of perianal abscess and fistula-in-ano (revised). Dis Colon Rectum. 2005 Jul;48(7):1337-42.