Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of an amyotrophic lateral sclerosis.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- Do I need to stay in the hospital?
- How long will I be in the hospital?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- Do I need a special exercise program?
- Will I need physical therapy?
- Will I need occupational therapy?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis Specialist
- Brooks BR. El Escorial World Federation of Neurology criteria for the diagnosis of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. Subcommittee on Motor Neuron Diseases/Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis of the World Federation of Neurology Research Group on Neuromuscular Diseases J Neurol Sci 1994; 124: 96-107. 
- Brown RC, Lockwood AH, Sonawane BR. Neurodegenerative diseases: an overview of environmental risk factors. Environ Health Perspect. 2005 Sep;113(9):1250-6. 
- Waragai M: MRI and clinical features in amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. Neuroradiology 1997; 39: 847-851.