Amphetamine Abuse Long Term Care
People who are physically addicted may benefit from detoxification. During detoxification, the drug is gradually withdrawn, in order to reduce the symptoms of withdrawal.
- Mental health counseling for substance abuse
- Support groups for substance abuse
Continue to Amphetamine Abuse Social Services
- Galea S, Nandi A, Vlahov D. The social epidemiology of substance use. Epidemiol Rev. 2004;26:36-52. 
- Isaacson JH, Hopper JA, Alford DP, Parran T. Prescription drug use and abuse. Risk factors, red flags, and prevention strategies. Postgrad Med. 2005 Jul;118(1):19-26. 
- Karch SB. Cocaine cardiovascular toxicity. South Med J. 2005 Aug;98(8):794-9. 
- Mattick RP, Kimber J, Breen C, Davoli M. Buprenorphine maintenance versus placebo or methadone maintenance for opioid dependence. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2004;(3):CD002207. 
- Skiba D, Monroe J, Wodarski JS. Adolescent substance use: reviewing the effectiveness of prevention strategies. Soc Work. 2004 Jul;49(3):343-53.