American Trypanosomiasis Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of Chagas disease.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- Do I need to lose weight?
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- Do I need a special exercise program?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for heart failure?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to American Trypanosomiasis Specialist
- Andersson J. Molecular diagnosis of experimental Chagas disease. Trends Parasitol. 2004 Feb;20(2):52-3. 
- Barrett MP, Burchmore RJ, et al. The trypanosomiases. Lancet. 2003 Nov 1;362(9394):1469-80. 
- Olliaro P, Lazdins J, Guhl F. Developments in the treatment of leishmaniasis and trypanosomiasis. Expert Opin Emerg Drugs. 2002 May;7(1):61-7.