Amebic Liver Abscess Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of extraintestinal amebiasis.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- Do I need to stay in the hospital?
- How long will I be in the hospital?
- Am I contagious?
- For how long?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for complications?
- How do I avoid passing the infection to others?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Amebic Liver Abscess Specialist
- Hoffner RJ, Kilaghbian T, Esekogwu VI, Henderson SO. Common presentations of amebic liver abscess. Ann Emerg Med. 1999 Sep;34(3):351-5. 
- Hughes MA, Petri WA Jr. Amebic liver abscess. Infect Dis Clin North Am. 2000 Sep;14(3):565-82, viii. 
- Lyche KD, Jensen WA. Pleuropulmonary amebiasis. Semin Respir Infect. 1997 Jun;12(2):106-12.