Amblyopia Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of an amblyopia.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- Is surgery an option for me?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- Do I need to stay in the hospital?
- How long will I be in the hospital?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- Do I need to lose weight?
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Amblyopia Home Care
- Bacal DA. Amblyopia treatment studies. Curr Opin Ophthalmol. 2004 Oct;15(5):432-6. 
- Powell C, Porooshani H, Bohorquez M, Richardson S. Screening for amblyopia in childhood. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2005 Jul 20;(3):CD005020. 
- Simons K. Amblyopia characterization, treatment, and prophylaxis. Surv Ophthalmol. 2005 Mar-Apr;50(2):123-66. 
- Thompson G. Common childhood eye problems. Practitioner. 2004 Jan;248(1654):46-52.